Henlight Full Lighting System
Henlight Full Lighting System
The new Henlight Full Lighting System has been re-designed for greater versatility & reliability, and includes:
- Intelligent timer
- Control unit
- Detached LED light
- Poultry-specific LEDs
- 14-15-16 hour setting
- 12v LiFePo battery
- 45W solar panel
- AC charging capability (power supply sold separately)
The Henlight Full Lighting System includes the following:
- Control unit with ON-OFF and timing switches
- LED light, with adjustable mounting bracket
- Battery (12V LiFePo) and battery box
- 45W solar panel and adjustable mounting bracket
- All connecting cables
- Sold separately: AC power supply for grid charging
Here’s some of the key functionality and components that make the Henlight Full Lighting System work:
- Intelligent timer: The #1 feature for most of our customers is the timer, which automatically adjusts on a daily basis to provide the exact amount of supplementary light every day of the year, with no manual adjustments required. It uses the solar panel as a photo-sensor to detect dawn and dusk, and then calculates the appropriate amount of light. This means you can take a Henlight out of the box in anywhere in the world, any day of year, turn it on and it will just work.
- Detached LED light: The LED light is now a separate component with its own adjustable mounting bracket, making it extremely easy to mount the LED light overhead or in tight corners with ease. The new light enclosure is made of aluminum for better heat transfer, with a glass lens cover for maximum optical transmission. The unit is sealed with a gasket to make it dust- and water-resistant (certified to IP65 specifications), and has a long, 10’ cable so you can mount the light and the control unit exactly where you want them.
- Poultry-specific LEDs: We use our proprietary combination of red and soft white LEDs to provide the optimal color wavelengths for egg-laying hens. We based our color specifications on the scientific literature (for example, see these articles), and have proven their efficacy in the field. While the light may not seem as bright as other lights you may see, be aware that the majority of the illumination is in the red spectrum, much of which is invisible to humans—but is visible to poultry. The soft red light comes on in the morning, before dawn, slowly brightening over 30 minutes to mimic the natural sunrise.
- LiFePo 12v battery: Our 12v battery is the longest-lasting and most reliable battery available on the market. Compared to lead-acid batteries, it’s more expensive (retail price of our battery is $179!). But the advantage is that it can be completely discharged and recharged more than 2,000 times, while a high-quality lead-acid battery can usually only be charged 200-300 times. And it is completely sealed, so it can be mounted in any position, without any need for maintenance or venting. Compared to other lithium batteries (for example, those in your mobile phone or laptop), the LiFePo (lithium-iron phosphate) chemistry is the safest and most stable, so will not explode, leak, or catch on fire. In addition, LiFePo batteries don’t have the toxic heavy metals found in other batteries, making it the most environmentally friendly battery type available. The trade-off is that LiFePo batteriers are not as energy dense, meaning you need a bigger and heavier battery to provide the same amount of power. Obviously, for our application this isn’t an issue, and we much prefer the safety and longevity of the LiFePo.
- 45W solar panel: We’ve increased the power of our solar panel and circuitry in order to deliver more energy during the low-light hours of morning and evening. The 45W polycrystalline panels come from an established supplier and have a great warranty—they’re guaranteed to maintain at least 80% power for 25 years. We’ve designed an integrated mounting bracket that can be adjusted to set the panel at different angles to the sun based on the latitude of your farm, making it easy to dial in the most power production (another tip? Spray down your panel every couple months to keep the dust off the glass).
- AC charging: No solar system can have 100% uptime, and despite our 10Ah battery and high-power solar panel, some farms may see a few days with so little solar resource that they may want to supplement the solar charging with AC charging. New to the 2016 redesign is the ability to connect the Henlight to a standard 120V power source with our optional AC power supply. This new feature gives you the ability to top off the battery in case of a huge December storm that hides the sun for a week.
- Timer Adjustment Switch: Allow your Henlight to offer 14 or 15 hours of light (Henlight + sunlight) instead of 16, giving you greater flexibility to customize your Henlight for your farm, and ease the process of applying lighting to hens during the darker days of the year.
Henlight Quality Guarantee
The Henlight team spends a lot of time ensuring our products are built with high quality materials so they remain durable, functional, and effective on your farm. We stand by that promise and vow to give you your money back for any flaws in the product. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your farm, and promise to deliver a product and service that reflects that.
**Attention California Farmers: Special Tax Exemption**
Please click here to learn about a special and simple tax exemption for CA farmer. Thank you!